| FAQ | Użytkownicy | Grupy | Rejestracja | Zaloguj |

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
History of the National Football League
Autor Wiadomość
lyjiran
Nowy Na Forum

Wysłany: Czw Lis 18, 2010 8:01 am   History of the National Football League

NFL, National Football League is the highest level of professionalAmerican football in the U.S.A. It was founded in 1920 by some professional American football leagues and independent teams and named as theAmerican Professional Football Association . Two years later, the league renamed to National Football League . The first official championship game was held in 1933. 1958’s NFL championship game was known as “The Greatest Game Ever Played”. Since then, the NFL was on its way to become one of the most popular sports leagues in the United States. In 1970, the NFL was merged with American Football League (AFL), another major American Professional Football League in the United States and retained the National Football League name & logo. After the merger, the league became one of the most popular and powerful sports leagues in the United States. In the same year, the league created the Super Bowl, which is the most-watched annual sporting event in the United States. Currently the NFL has 32 teams. It is divided evenly into two conferences—the American Football Conference (AFC) and the National Football Conference (NFC). And each conference has four divisions that have four teams each, making each conference has 16 teams.

lyjiran
Nowy Na Forum

Wysłany: Sro Sty 19, 2011 2:54 am   

My hushand signs a two-year contract with an American company and need stay in the U.S. for two years. We come the United States with the excitements after successfully obtain the visa. This is my first visit to the U.S.A. and I feel hard to adapt myself here due to the language problem. In order to communicate with others smoothly, I take part in a language training course which is specially designed for the adults who have recently come to to live in the United States and are poor in English. I can clearly feel my progress due to the good teaching way used by the teacher. Our teacher makes us begin with simple and daily used necessities.
Today we are learning about American sports leagues, such as NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB. After placing quite a number of sport objects on a table, the teacher asks us to give her the basketball, the football jersey[/url] the hockey stick , the baseball cap and so on. The class goes very smoothly and we all seem interested and serious about the work that we are engaged in. When an Italian student’s turn, the teacher says, “Give me the keys.” The man looks surprised and somewhat at a loss. Seeing this, the beautiful young female teacher feels the student has not heard her clearly, so she repeats “Give me the keys.” The Italian shrugs his shoulders. Then he throws his arms around the teacher’s neck and kisses her on both cheeks. After one to two seconds of silence, all of us burst out laughing.
The keys are on the table. Can not the Italian student see it? However, who cares it? It is the fact that all of us enjoy the interlude, also including the teacher. Perhaps this is the unique romantic which belongs to the Italian.

Odpowiedz do tematu